Independent Investment Review
Whether you manage your own investments or pay someone to manage them for you, it makes sense to get a second opinion, an independent portfolio investment review. At Luna Capital Management we are very committed to making sure that investors have a clear understanding of their investment holdings and their associated costs and risks.
There are many reasons for this type of independent review. Maybe your long-term investment strategy was “buy and hold” or maybe an investment advisor or portfolio manager is taking you for granted not giving your investments the attention required. In this environment of instant information flow and technology-driven investment solutions, investors or their advisors should be aware of what they are invested in and the reason they own the investment.
Why should I do this review?
- Your portfolio may consist of mutual funds whose management expense ratios are greater than 2 percent. The compounding effect of higher than above average fees can significantly drag down your returns.
- Does your investment portfolio have a clear strategy with a balanced risk-adjusted approach, or does it consist of a random collection of investments?
- Do you own a complex investment product that you do not fully understand and may carry an above-average expense?
- Are your returns acceptable? Is your portfolio properly benchmarked or compared to an appropriate index?
- Are you taking too much or too little risk for your age or investment policy?
- Are you using the best possible investment approach for your particular situation? Are you utilizing all available investments with a focus on a lower-cost solution?
We can offer a unique perspective on your current investment plan in a one-hour complimentary meeting. There is no charge or obligation for our first meeting. During the meeting, we review your investment holdings and discuss whether an investment portfolio analysis makes sense and you will be provided with a quote. You owe nothing if you decide not to use our services.
If you decide to retain our services, we will address the following:
- Examine the portfolio’s allocation, diversification and the overlap among investments
- A second opinion of the risk and volatility in your portfolio.
- Discuss investment expenses and management fees
- Provide a Morningstar review of individual investments (when available)
- Recommend changes in overall allocations for portfolio optimization.
- We are not providing you with a financial plan. It will not examine whether your investments are or will be sufficient to meet any financial goal.
- There is no guarantee that the recommendations made will prevent a loss or provide a higher rate of future return. There is no guarantee or warranty that the services offered will result in profit.
- Past performance is no guarantee of future performance. All investments involve the risk of loss.
- The investment analysis discusses existing investments but does not recommend new investments.
- The analysis contains statements and statistics obtained from sources believed to be reliable but not guaranteed as to accuracy or completeness. References to any specific securities do not constitute an offer to buy or sell securities. There may be delays, omissions, or inaccuracies in the Information.
- Neither Luna Capital Management, LLC nor its information providers shall have any liability, contingent or otherwise for the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or correct sequencing of the information or for any decisions made or actions taken by you in reliance upon the information.
- Luna Capital Management, LLC does not provide tax or legal advice.